14 Jul 2022 Enzyme Peels – What you want to know
What is an Enzyme Peel?
An Enzyme Peel is a multifunctional peel formulated with powerful plant-based enzymes to help break down keratin bonds and dead cells sitting in the top layers of the skin. At Ethique Plastic Surgery Medispa in Miranda, we use the recently released Enzyme Peel from The Skincare Company. This peel transfers vitamin-rich plant extracts to revel healthy, glowing skin – with multiple active ingredients such as Papaya, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Pineapple, Goji Berry Extract & Wild Mint Oil.
Who should have this peel?
This peel is suitable for all skin types and has the added bonus of being a relaxing, luxurious treatment. A great alternative to those who cannot tolerate stronger chemical peels but are still after a great exfoliation and result. The Enzyme Peel works best as a series of treatments every 4-6 weeks, although results can be seen and felt as a stand-alone treatment.
What to expect during treatment/application?
The Enzyme Peel is a thin lightweight gel that is cold to touch and has a slight minty scent. After cleansing the face, the Enzyme Peel is applied to the face and neck, up and out towards the lymph nodes, helping with lymphatic drainage and left on the skin for up to 20 minutes. At Ethique Plastic Surgery Medispa, we offer a relaxing head, neck and shoulder or hand massage during this time. The skin will feel a little tingly and warm once applied, but this is unnoticeable after a few minutes. Once the peel is removed, serums and moisturiser are applied for the best results.
As an Enzyme peel has active products, there are a few contraindications prior to treatment which will be discussed with you on booking your appointment.
With an Enzyme Peel, what to do (and not to do) post-treatment is essential to maintain great results from the treatment. As the skin is in the repair/renewal stage, your skin may feel a few sensations such as stinging, itching and tightness. There are a few things to avoid such as extreme temperature exposure, exercise and activities causing heat for 24 hours. You should also avoid UV exposure for 2 weeks and always wear SPF50+ sunscreen.
- Nonabrasive exfoliant to remove dead skin cells sitting on the epidermis
- Reveals smooth and radiant skin
- Speeds cell renewal
- Increases blood circulation & drains lymph nodes
- Promotes detoxification
- Anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant
- No downtime following the treatment
- LED LIGHT THERAPY: At Ethique Plastic Surgery we have the Lutronic Healite II LED and it is recommended to have an LED treatment after all our treatments as it will help calm any skin reactions and boosts collagen production giving even better results – see more about LED Light Treatments here.
- Sheet mask: Our sheet mask has multiple peptides and hyaluronic acid and is a great add on to Enzyme Peels.
- Chemical peel: If you’re after an elevated exfoliation to maximise your results, a chemical peel add on or subsequent to the enzyme peel would work wonders!
Our Dermal Therapist will provide a complimentary Skin Consultation prior to having the Enzyme Peel and make any recommendations she feels necessary for your skin.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Ethique Plastic Surgery Medispa in Miranda. Contact us on (02) 8544 3270 or email@example.com for more information or to make an appointment.